Alyona Rassohyna Taps Out Stamp Fairtex in One ‘Unbreakable 3’ Headliner

By: Tudor Leonte
Feb 5, 2021

All but one battle ended inside the distance of the pre-recorded final part of One Championship's "Unbreakable" series..

The main event of One: Unbreakable 3 saw Alyona Rassohyna (13-4) inflicting the first MMA defeat to Nong Stamp (5-1) in an incredible turn of events. The Ukrainian fighter attempted to immediately impose her wrestling style over Stamp by taking her down. However, “Stamp Fairtex” scrambled her way on top and punished Rassohyna with a couple of knees to the head on the canvas. After a wild scramble that saw both contenders alternate in dominating positions, Stamp bounced back on the feet and ended the first stanza with an emphatic elbow on Rassohyna.

In the second round, Stamp warned the Ukrainian fighter of insisting to take the fight down by planting a knee on her opponent's head when ducking forward. Rassohyna stuck to her gameplan and shot for another double leg, but Stamp took advantage of the situation to snatch up her opponent's back. “Stamp Fairtex” lost the position after a few moments, and fought off an armbar attempt from the Ukrainian to put the second round into the books. In the third frame, Rassohyna clipped her opponent with a couple of left hooks before dragging Stamp down and landing in her foe’s guard. With seconds left on the clock, Rassohyna leaned into a desperation guillotine choke. Much to everyone’s surprise, Stamp tapped with only seven seconds left in the match, although she immediately sprang up and protested the stoppage.

In the co-main event, Fabricio Andrade (5-2) scored one of the most exciting upsets in promotional history after outclassing Shoko Sato (35-17-3) on the feet to capture a unanimous decision. The Brazilian fighter showcased that he is a clinching master early in the fight after landing a short but fierce elbow. Sato attempted to kneebar his opponent, but Andrade's defense on the canvas proved reliable both on that occasion and in the subsequent armbar attempt. Sensing the danger, “Wonder Boy” invited Sato back on the feet. The last seconds of the first round saw Sato stepping on the accelerator as he threw some menacing punches at Andrade.

In the second stanza, Sato invited “Wonder Boy” to grapple on the canvas more than once, but Andrade sent the invitation back to the Japanese opponent. When able to get back to his feet, Sato’s punched started finding their home on the Brazilian’s chin more and more. After a brief groin strike stoppage, with a few moments left in the round, the Japanese scored a spinning back elbow only to eat a left hook from Andrade. In the last round, Andrade kept scoring with his flashy punches, opening a cut on Sato’s face. The Japanese fighter retaliated by taking his opponent back, even though he could not capitalize on the situation with a submission. After a final heel hook attempt from Andrade, the contenders wound up in the hands of the judges, who awarded “Wonder Boy” with a victory.

Elsewhere, Ryuto Sawada (14-5-1) tapped out Robin Catalan (10-7) with a slick rear-naked choke at 4:19 in Round 1; in a clash of titans, Ji Won Kang (4-0) smashed Mehdi Barghi (4-3) with heavy punches with only 10 seconds left in the first frame; Ahmed Mujtaba (8-2) shut off Rahul K. Raju’s (7-6) lights with a ferocious overhand right just 56 seconds into the match; Tial Thang (3-0) opened the card by forcing Paulus Lumihi (7-5) to tap to a series of punches on the ground at 2:25 of the second round in their One bantamweight clash.
« Previous Next »


Fighter Profiles

GRRRR!!!More on Mobile