(PRESS RELEASE) -- Las Vegas, Nevada – In celebration of its 20th anniversary, the Ultimate Fighting Championship® announced today that its top stars will be visiting different cities across North America for 20 days leading up to UFC® 167: ST-PIERRE vs. HENDRICKS on Saturday, Nov. 16 in Las Vegas.
The tour will begin in Denver, Colo., the site of UFC 1, on Oct. 28, and make stops in nearly two dozen cities. Current and past UFC competitors such as Georges St-Pierre, Johny Hendricks, Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes and Forrest Griffin are just some of the many stars set to participate. The tour will feature a mixture of fan, media and sponsor events, as well as a social media scavenger hunt spanning the globe.
“We built an incredible card for our 20th anniversary and now we’re hitting the road to celebrate with our fans and the media all across North America,” said UFC president Dana White. “We’re going to cities that held historic UFC events and to locations we hope to bring the Octagon to soon.”
The 20 Days to UFC 167 Tour will also feature the launch of UFC’s new OCTAGON apparel line. UFC legends Liddell, Hughes and Griffin will be wearing this new apparel at each stop, as UFC showcases the “Evolution of Training” gear.
UFC® 167: ST-PIERRE vs. HENDRICKS will be available live on Pay-Per-View at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT on Saturday, Nov. 16 on UFC.TV, iN DEMAND, DirecTV, DISH Network, Avail-TVN, and in Canada on BellTV, Shaw Communications, Sasktel, and Viewer’s Choice Canada.
20 Days to UFC 167 Schedule
· Monday, Oct. 28 – Denver, Colo. – UFC 167 lightweight star Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone and rising women’s star Cat Zingano conduct a media tour in Denver, the site of UFC 1. They’ll also visit DISH Network headquarters for a meet-and-greet with staff, as well as pose for photos at the site of UFC 1, formerly McNichols Sports Arena. Later in the day, Cerrone will host a live social media chat from the MusclePharm facilities.
· Monday, Oct. 28 – Montreal, Quebec, Canada – Georges St-Pierre, UFC welterweight champion and UFC 167 main event star, will participate in a media day at Tristar Gym. Press only.
· Monday, Oct. 28 – Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas – UFC welterweight contender and UFC 167 main event star Johny Hendricks will participate in a media day at his gym in Pantego. Press only.
· Tuesday, Oct. 29 – Philadelphia, Pa. – UFC Hall of Famer Forrest Griffin will conduct a press tour in the City of Brotherly Love, as well as visit the Comcast Headquarters for a meet-and-greet with employees.
· Tuesday, Oct. 29 – Chicago, Ill. – UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes will conduct a press tour across Chicago. Hughes will also meet with members of the Chicago Bears.
· Tuesday, Oct. 29 – Washington, D.C. – UFC light heavyweight champion Jon “Bones” Jones will conduct a press tour in the nation’s capital.
· Wednesday, Oct. 30 – Atlanta, Ga. – UFC Hall of Famer Forrest Griffin will conduct a press tour in Atlanta and visit the COX Communications corporate offices for a social media promotion. He’ll also visit the Hooters corporate headquarters.
· Wednesday, Oct. 30 – Cleveland, Ohio – UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes will conduct a press tour across Cleveland, alongside UFC heavyweight star and Cleveland native Stipe Miocic. The fighters will also meet with members of the Cleveland Browns.
· Wednesday, Oct. 30 – Baltimore, Md. – UFC light heavyweight champion Jon “Bones” Jones will conduct a press tour in Baltimore and visit his brother, Baltimore Ravens’ star Arthur Jones, and the rest of the city’s Super Bowl champion team.
· Thursday, Oct. 31 – Detroit, Mich. – Red-hot UFC welterweight star Matt “The Immortal” Brown will conduct a press tour in Detroit.
· Friday, Nov. 1 – Raleigh, N.C. – UFC heavyweight star Brendan Schaub, a former professional football player, will speak to the N.C. State football team prior to the team’s game against rival UNC. He’ll also sound the Carolina Hurricanes’ Warning Siren before the team’s game against Tampa Bay at PNC Arena.
· Saturday, Nov. 2 – Concord, Calif. – UFC heavyweight star Daniel Cormier and middleweight star Luke Rockhold will sign autographs from 1-3 p.m. PT at the UFC Gym in Concord.
· Sunday, Nov. 3 – Rosemead, Calif. – UFC middleweight star Michael Bisping will sign autographs from 3-5 p.m. PT at the UFC Gym in Rosemead.
· Monday, Nov. 4 – San Francisco, Calif. – UFC 167 welterweight star Josh Koscheck will conduct a press tour in San Francisco.
· Monday, Nov. 4 – Bay Area, Calif. – UFC lightweight star Gilbert Melendez will visit the campuses of YouTube and Twitter and meet with staff.
· Tuesday, Nov. 5 – St. Louis, Mo. – UFC 167 welterweight star Tyron Woodley, a St. Louis native, will conduct a press tour in his hometown. He’ll also meet with members of his hometown St. Louis Rams.
· Tuesday, Nov. 5 – St. Louis, Mo. – UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes will visit the headquarters of longtime UFC partner Anheuser-Busch. While at Anheuser-Busch Headquarters, Matt will be guided through a behind-the-scenes tour of the Brew House and Packaging Line, sampling from the fermentation and finishing tanks.
· Tuesday, Nov. 5 – FOX Sports 1 – 9 p.m. ET - FIGHTING FOR A GENERATION: 20 YEARS OF THE UFC premieres
· Wednesday, Nov. 6 – New Orleans, La. – UFC heavyweight star and Louisiana native Daniel Cormier will conduct a press tour in New Orleans. He’ll also meet with members of the New Orleans Saints.
· Wednesday, Nov. 6 – Fort Campbell, Ky. – UFC Fight for the Troops event on FOX Sports 1
· Thursday, Nov. 7 – San Antonio, Texas – UFC heavyweight star Daniel Cormier and Mexican bantamweight star Erik Perez will be in town for a variety of events.
· Thursday, Nov. 7 – State College, Pa. – UFC light heavyweight star and 2008 National Champion from Penn State Phil Davis visits State College for a press tour.
· Friday, Nov. 8 – Pittsburgh, Pa. – UFC light heavyweight star Phil Davis will conduct a press tour in Pittsburgh, Pa. and meet with members of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
· Saturday, Nov. 9 – Torrance, Calif. – UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell will sign autographs from 3-5 p.m. PT at the UFC Gym in Torrance.
· Saturday, Nov. 9 – Goiania, Brazil – UFC FIGHT NIGHT: BELFORT vs. HENDERSON on FOX Sports 1
· Sunday, Nov. 10 – The UFC will release its 20 greatest knockouts of all time at UFC.com. Visit the official website of the UFC to watch them all for free!
· Monday, Nov. 11 – Los Angeles, Calif. – UFC 167 star Chael Sonnen will conduct a press tour in Los Angeles.
· Monday, Nov. 11 – New York, N.Y. – UFC 167 star Rashad Evans will conduct a press tour in New York.
· Tuesday, Nov. 12 – Phoenix, Ariz. – UFC will conduct a press tour in Phoenix. Talent to be named shortly.
· Tuesday, Nov. 12 – Las Vegas, Nev. – UFC stars past and present will participate in a community event at Three Square.
· Wednesday, Nov. 13 – Las Vegas, Nev. – UFC 167 Open Workouts. Location TBA. Free and open to the public.
· Thursday, Nov. 14 – Las Vegas, Nev. – UFC Press Conference. Location TBA. Free and open to the public.
· Friday, Nov. 15 – Las Vegas, Nev. – UFC 167 Weigh-ins at MGM Grand Garden Arena. Free and open to the public.
· Saturday, Nov. 16 – Las Vegas, Nev. – UFC 167, 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT, live on Pay-Per-View
*Appearances subject to change*
All bouts live and subject to change. Visit UFC.com for more information. Follow @UFC on Twitter for more information on the social media scavenger hunt.
About the Ultimate Fighting Championship® Universally recognized for its action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the biggest arenas and stadiums across the globe, the UFC® is the world’s premier mixed martial arts (MMA) organization. Owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, headquartered in Las Vegas and with offices in London, Toronto and Beijing, UFC produces more than 30 live events annually and is the largest pay-per-view event provider in the world. In 2012, the UFC burst into the mainstream with a landmark seven-year broadcast agreement with FOX Sports Media Group. The agreement includes four live events broadcast on the FOX network annually, with additional fight cards and thousands of hours of programming broadcast on FOX properties FX and FUEL TV. This also includes the longest-running sports reality show on television, The Ultimate Fighter®, which now airs on FOX Sports 1.
In addition to its reach on FOX, UFC programming is broadcast in over 145 countries, to nearly 800 million TV households worldwide, in 28 different languages. UFC content is also distributed commercially in the United States to bars and restaurants through Joe Hand Promotions, in English throughout Canada via Premium Sports Broadcasting Inc. and Australia via Main Event and in French throughout Quebec via Interbox. The UFC also connects with tens of millions of fans through its website, UFC.com, as well as social media sites Facebook and Twitter. UFC President Dana White is considered one of the most accessible and followed executives in sports, with more than 2.6 million followers on Twitter. Ancillary UFC businesses include best-selling DVDs and video games, UFC FIT®, an in-home fitness and nutrition program, an internationally distributed magazine, UFC.TV offering live event broadcasts and video on demand around the world, a new franchise in development with EA, UFC GYM®, UFC Fight Club affinity program, UFC Fan Expo® festivals, branded apparel and trading cards.