(PRESS RELEASE) -- Las Vegas, Nevada – In celebration of its 20th
anniversary, the Ultimate Fighting Championship® announced today
that its top stars will be visiting different cities across North
America for 20 days leading up to UFC® 167: ST-PIERRE vs. HENDRICKS
on Saturday, Nov. 16 in Las Vegas.
The tour will begin in Denver, Colo., the site of UFC 1, on Oct.
28, and make stops in nearly two dozen cities. Current and past UFC
competitors such as Georges St-Pierre, Johny
Hendricks, Chuck Liddell,
Hughes and Forrest
Griffin are just some of the many stars set to participate. The
tour will feature a mixture of fan, media and sponsor events, as
well as a social media scavenger hunt spanning the globe.
“We built an incredible card for our 20th anniversary and now we’re
hitting the road to celebrate with our fans and the media all
across North America,” said UFC president Dana White. “We’re going
to cities that held historic UFC events and to locations we hope to
bring the Octagon to soon.”
The 20 Days to UFC 167 Tour will also feature the launch of UFC’s
new OCTAGON apparel line. UFC legends Liddell, Hughes and Griffin
will be wearing this new apparel at each stop, as UFC showcases the
“Evolution of Training” gear.
UFC® 167: ST-PIERRE vs. HENDRICKS will be available live on
Pay-Per-View at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT on Saturday, Nov. 16 on
UFC.TV, iN DEMAND, DirecTV, DISH Network, Avail-TVN, and in Canada
on BellTV, Shaw Communications, Sasktel, and Viewer’s Choice
20 Days to UFC 167 Schedule
· Monday, Oct. 28 – Denver, Colo. – UFC 167 lightweight star Donald
“Cowboy” Cerrone and rising women’s star Cat Zingano
conduct a media tour in Denver, the site of UFC 1. They’ll also
visit DISH Network headquarters for a meet-and-greet with staff, as
well as pose for photos at the site of UFC 1, formerly McNichols
Sports Arena. Later in the day, Cerrone will host a live social
media chat from the MusclePharm facilities.
· Monday, Oct. 28 – Montreal, Quebec, Canada – Georges St-Pierre,
UFC welterweight champion and UFC 167 main event star, will
participate in a media day at Tristar Gym. Press only.
· Monday, Oct. 28 – Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas – UFC welterweight
contender and UFC 167 main event star Johny
Hendricks will participate in a media day at his gym in
Pantego. Press only.
· Tuesday, Oct. 29 – Philadelphia, Pa. – UFC Hall of Famer Forrest
Griffin will conduct a press tour in the City of Brotherly
Love, as well as visit the Comcast Headquarters for a
meet-and-greet with employees.
· Tuesday, Oct. 29 – Chicago, Ill. – UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes will
conduct a press tour across Chicago. Hughes will also meet with
members of the Chicago Bears.
· Tuesday, Oct. 29 – Washington, D.C. – UFC light heavyweight
champion Jon “Bones” Jones will conduct a press tour in the
· Wednesday, Oct. 30 – Atlanta, Ga. – UFC Hall of Famer Forrest
Griffin will conduct a press tour in Atlanta and visit the COX
Communications corporate offices for a social media promotion.
He’ll also visit the Hooters corporate headquarters.
· Wednesday, Oct. 30 – Cleveland, Ohio – UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes will
conduct a press tour across Cleveland, alongside UFC heavyweight
star and Cleveland native Stipe Miocic.
The fighters will also meet with members of the Cleveland
· Wednesday, Oct. 30 – Baltimore, Md. – UFC light heavyweight
champion Jon “Bones” Jones will conduct a press tour in Baltimore
and visit his brother, Baltimore Ravens’ star Arthur Jones, and the
rest of the city’s Super Bowl champion team.
· Thursday, Oct. 31 – Detroit, Mich. – Red-hot UFC welterweight
star Matt “The Immortal” Brown will conduct a press tour in
· Friday, Nov. 1 – Raleigh, N.C. – UFC heavyweight star Brendan
Schaub, a former professional football player, will speak to
the N.C. State football team prior to the team’s game against rival
UNC. He’ll also sound the Carolina Hurricanes’ Warning Siren before
the team’s game against Tampa Bay at PNC Arena.
· Saturday, Nov. 2 – Concord, Calif. – UFC heavyweight star
Cormier and middleweight star Luke
Rockhold will sign autographs from 1-3 p.m. PT at the UFC Gym
· Sunday, Nov. 3 – Rosemead, Calif. – UFC middleweight star
Bisping will sign autographs from 3-5 p.m. PT at the UFC Gym in
· Monday, Nov. 4 – San Francisco, Calif. – UFC 167 welterweight
Koscheck will conduct a press tour in San Francisco.
· Monday, Nov. 4 – Bay Area, Calif. – UFC lightweight star Gilbert
Melendez will visit the campuses of YouTube and Twitter and
meet with staff.
· Tuesday, Nov. 5 – St. Louis, Mo. – UFC 167 welterweight star
Woodley, a St. Louis native, will conduct a press tour in his
hometown. He’ll also meet with members of his hometown St. Louis
· Tuesday, Nov. 5 – St. Louis, Mo. – UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes will
visit the headquarters of longtime UFC partner Anheuser-Busch.
While at Anheuser-Busch Headquarters, Matt will be guided through a
behind-the-scenes tour of the Brew House and Packaging Line,
sampling from the fermentation and finishing tanks.
· Tuesday, Nov. 5 – FOX Sports 1 – 9 p.m. ET - FIGHTING FOR A
GENERATION: 20 YEARS OF THE UFC premieres
· Wednesday, Nov. 6 – New Orleans, La. – UFC heavyweight star and
Louisiana native Daniel
Cormier will conduct a press tour in New Orleans. He’ll also
meet with members of the New Orleans Saints.
· Wednesday, Nov. 6 – Fort Campbell, Ky. – UFC Fight for the Troops
event on FOX Sports 1
· Thursday, Nov. 7 – San Antonio, Texas – UFC heavyweight star
Cormier and Mexican bantamweight star Erik Perez will
be in town for a variety of events.
· Thursday, Nov. 7 – State College, Pa. – UFC light heavyweight
star and 2008 National Champion from Penn State Phil Davis
visits State College for a press tour.
· Friday, Nov. 8 – Pittsburgh, Pa. – UFC light heavyweight star
Davis will conduct a press tour in Pittsburgh, Pa. and meet
with members of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
· Saturday, Nov. 9 – Torrance, Calif. – UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell
will sign autographs from 3-5 p.m. PT at the UFC Gym in
· Saturday, Nov. 9 – Goiania, Brazil – UFC FIGHT NIGHT: BELFORT vs.
HENDERSON on FOX Sports 1
· Sunday, Nov. 10 – The UFC will release its 20 greatest knockouts
of all time at UFC.com. Visit the official website of the UFC to
watch them all for free!
· Monday, Nov. 11 – Los Angeles, Calif. – UFC 167 star Chael Sonnen
will conduct a press tour in Los Angeles.
· Monday, Nov. 11 – New York, N.Y. – UFC 167 star Rashad Evans
will conduct a press tour in New York.
· Tuesday, Nov. 12 – Phoenix, Ariz. – UFC will conduct a press tour
in Phoenix. Talent to be named shortly.
· Tuesday, Nov. 12 – Las Vegas, Nev. – UFC stars past and present
will participate in a community event at Three Square.
· Wednesday, Nov. 13 – Las Vegas, Nev. – UFC 167 Open Workouts.
Location TBA. Free and open to the public.
· Thursday, Nov. 14 – Las Vegas, Nev. – UFC Press Conference.
Location TBA. Free and open to the public.
· Friday, Nov. 15 – Las Vegas, Nev. – UFC 167 Weigh-ins at MGM
Grand Garden Arena. Free and open to the public.
· Saturday, Nov. 16 – Las Vegas, Nev. – UFC 167, 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m.
PT, live on Pay-Per-View
*Appearances subject to change*
All bouts live and subject to change. Visit UFC.com for more
information. Follow @UFC on Twitter for more information on the
social media scavenger hunt.
About the Ultimate Fighting Championship® Universally recognized
for its action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of
the biggest arenas and stadiums across the globe, the UFC® is the
world’s premier mixed martial arts (MMA) organization. Owned and
operated by Zuffa, LLC, headquartered in Las Vegas and with offices
in London, Toronto and Beijing, UFC produces more than 30 live
events annually and is the largest pay-per-view event provider in
the world. In 2012, the UFC burst into the mainstream with a
landmark seven-year broadcast agreement with FOX Sports Media
Group. The agreement includes four live events broadcast on the FOX
network annually, with additional fight cards and thousands of
hours of programming broadcast on FOX properties FX and FUEL TV.
This also includes the longest-running sports reality show on
television, The Ultimate Fighter®, which now airs on FOX Sports
In addition to its reach on FOX, UFC programming is broadcast in
over 145 countries, to nearly 800 million TV households worldwide,
in 28 different languages. UFC content is also distributed
commercially in the United States to bars and restaurants through
Promotions, in English throughout Canada via Premium Sports
Broadcasting Inc. and Australia via Main Event and in French
throughout Quebec via Interbox. The UFC also connects with tens of
millions of fans through its website, UFC.com, as well as social
media sites Facebook and Twitter. UFC President Dana White is
considered one of the most accessible and followed executives in
sports, with more than 2.6 million followers on Twitter. Ancillary
UFC businesses include best-selling DVDs and video games, UFC FIT®,
an in-home fitness and nutrition program, an internationally
distributed magazine, UFC.TV offering live event broadcasts and
video on demand around the world, a new franchise in development
with EA, UFC GYM®, UFC Fight Club affinity program, UFC Fan Expo®
festivals, branded apparel and trading cards.