According to a report from TMZ, disturbing criminal charges have emerged over former UFC lightweight contender Melvin Guillard following an alleged fight in Colorado last week that saw multiple bar patrons attacked.
Guillard is alleged to have been captured on surveillance video assaulting several men and a woman, even knocking one if the victims out cold while at Bar Standard in Denver on Sept. 3. A warrant was issued for Guillard’s arrest.
This separate assault case stems from an April incident where Guillard allegedly beat and strangled his girlfriend in the midst of an argument. The victim in this case claims Guillard turned violent after she asked him when he would be leaving his wife so the two could be together.
The girlfriend claims Guillard choked her multiple times and told cops she was “scared that he might kill her,” according to TMZ.
Police who responded on scene reported observing injuries on her face and neck, and the former UFC star was arrested and charged with second degree assault and strangulation.
Guillard showed up to court on Sept. 10 for those charges and was immediately taken back into custody upon arriving at the courthouse for the bar incident, authorities said. He now faces several more assault charges stemming from the bar fight on Sept. 3. “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 2 contestant was arraigned on Thursday morning and is being held on $5,000 cash bond.
Guillard was cut from the UFC back in 2014 and has fought for World Series of Fighting and Bellator MMA since then, going 1-8 with one no contest since leaving the UFC.