Since Miletich, five other men have held the welterweight crown: Carlos Newton, Matt Hughes, B.J. Penn, Georges St. Pierre and Matt Serra. Only Hughes and St. Pierre have captured the prize more than once. The 31-year-old St. Pierre -- who has held the championship since April 2008 -- will return from reconstructive knee surgery to face interim titleholder Carlos Condit in a unification bout at UFC 154 on Saturday at the Bell Centre in Montreal.
Click on the athletes below to learn more about each fighter's history.
You can embed this infographic on your blog or website. Copy & paste the code below into your site:
• A Lineal History: UFC Heavyweight Championship
• A Lineal History: UFC Light Heavyweight Championship
• A Lineal History: UFC Middleweight Championship
• A Lineal History: UFC Lightweight Championship
• UFC Champions: By The Numbers
• The Bracket: UFC 125-Pound Tournament